Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My Taco Soup Recipe

Heather's Taco Soup


So I've made this soup for over a decade now. I actually got it from my mom. It's something I've had memorized & it's seriously so yummy. I'd love to share the recipe with you: 

Taco Soup:

3 cans pinto beans
1 can Texas Ranch Style beans
3 cans stewed tomatoes 
1 can rotel
2 cans of corn 
1 lb ground beef ( or turkey)
1 large yellow onion
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet Ranch seasoning 
shredded mild cheddar cheese
corn chips

Brown ground beef in a large pot over med-high heat ( this is the same pot you'll use to cook the soup)
chop onion & cook with meat 
drain meat

return back to pot.
add beans, tomatoes, rotel, corn, taco seasoning, ranch packet, salt & pepper to taste
add 1 can of water ( using one of the empty cans)

Stir well. 

Let sit in pot over med-high heat ( stirrring occasionally) for 30 minutes.
( I then usually like to let it simmer for another 15-30 minutes to let the flavors settle in)
but it is ready to eat after 30 minutes! 

Serve with shredded cheese and chips! 
YUMMY! 
( feeds 5-6 people) 

No comments:

Post a Comment